Sunday 8 November 2015

Task 1d- 2D Images

I was really excited to get started with this task as I'm a big fan of anything to do with photography. I love it as an art form and I also love it for sentimental value. There's nothing greater than sitting down and going onto my Facebook or Instagram account and scrolling through old photos and reminiscing with family or friends about that specific moment in time. It's a great way to capture a memory and to look back on years later.

I use Instagram and Facebook to upload photos regularly, it ranges from dance pictures of performances when I was studying at Bird College to my pet pug Phoenix who seems to make a regular occurance on my photos! I have never used Flickr before this task and I have been playing around with it trying to figure it out so I can share my photos with you on my blog.

I have included a variety of different pictures on the Flickr account and will list the photos below along with the link to the photos.



Top Row of Photos from left to right-

*My Family December 2014
*My boyfriend and I when we visited Paris in June 2015
*When I went to the Lakes in September 2015
* My best friend Gaby and I

Second Row of Photos from left to right-

*My pug Phoenix 
*Afternoon Tea for a 21st surprise
*My boyfriend on his Graduation day
*Phoenix's first birthday with cake!
*My nan and my mum on mothers day 2015

Third Row of Photos from left to right-

*A photo I took in Paris 2015
*My 3rd Year agent showcase at Bird College
*My 2nd Year musical at Bird College (Pyjama Game)
*A trip to the Lakes 2015 

Fourth Row of photos from left to right-

*My boyfriend Luke's graduation day
*A photo I took in Paris 2015
*My graduation day from Bird College July 2013
*Phoenix as a puppy
*Rowing a boat on the Lakes 2015



Using social media to display my images is something I do often, however every type of Web 2.0 site that I use I do have privacy settings in place.  It can be very easy for an unwanted picture to appear sometimes even if you haven't been the person to upload it. You can tag others now on most sites in photos, videos or posts without any consent from the other person and sometimes you have to assess what you've been tagged in and untag yourself for professional reasons. 

Companies are becoming far more technical these days when hiring and some will go to the extent of checking a Facebook profile to see what the candidate is like in their daily life. It can be a very positive thing to share imagery on social media, it's a great way to create memories or share things with friends and family that you don't get to see often. I do think however as long as you are cautious in what you post onto the web and put the required privacy settings in place to prevent anything unwanted being seen, it is a great aspect of using social media. I personally only use Facebook to upload pictures and share things with friends that I don't see as often anymore.


1 comment: